Financial and mentoring support is available to British-based fashion designers.
An award of £200,000 is available to one successful applicant.
The BFC/Vogue Designer Fashion Fund was launched in 2008 as part of the British Fashion Councils 25th anniversary celebrations. Sponsors of the Fund include Harrods, Burberry, Debenhams, LF Europe, Marks & Spencers, Paul Smith, Topshop, Clothing at Tesco and Vogue.
The BFC/Vogue Designer Fashion Fund offers financial and high-level mentoring support to British-based fashion designers.
The aim of the Fund is to help British designers with the potential for commercial growth to make the transition from a developing business to a global fashion brand.
Interested parties should note the following terms and conditions:
- Previous winners are not eligible to apply.
- The applicant's collection must consist of either womenswear or accessories and should not exclusively or predominantly focus on bridal wear or childrens wear.
- Design businesses are not permitted to apply more than five times.
- Samples should not be submitted unless they have been requested.
In order to be eligible, applicants must have an established fashion design business based in the UK.
Funding must be used to assist the growth of a British-based business into a potentially global brand.
This scheme is now closed. The last deadline for this scheme was 12 August 2016. Information regarding future deadlines will be given once available.
Applications can be made online. Applicants are required to submit a three-year business plan which includes the following information:
- Business overview.
- Company information.
- Financial information.
- PR and marketing activity.
- Collection information and sales strategy.
- How the Fund will help the business.
- A portfolio containing examples of work from the applicants Spring/Summer 2016 collection.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed by email and will be invited to submit their five year business plan by 21 October
Shortlisted candidates will be informed by email and will be invited to submit their five year business plan by 21 October 2016. This business plan should concentrate on areas for growth and should be specific regarding how the award would help them to develop their business into a global brand. Shortlisted candidates will then be interviewed by the judging committee towards the end of November 2016. The overall winner will be announced during March 2017.