Benefits and help with money after splitting up
Last updated: 3 September 2019

Working Tax Credit

You can get Working Tax Credit if you're on low pay. You can also get it if you work for yourself or for someone else.

You might get more if you have children.

If you were claiming Working Tax Credit before you broke up

You'll need to call the tax office to tell them about splitting up with your partner.

If you want to make a new claim

You can get help with making a claim from GOV.UK.

Hide this page now

Use this button or the Esc key on your keyboard to jump to home page.