You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Adult carer support plan and young carer statement

Your local council can provide services to support your health and wellbeing. If you're eligible for support, your local council will offer you different ways to arrange it. This is called self-directed support.

An adult carer support plan is a chance to discuss with your local council what support or services you need.

The plan will look at how caring affects your life. This might include looking at your physical, mental and emotional needs. It might also look at whether you are able or willing to carry on caring.

If you are a young carer under 18 (or aged 18 but still at school) this is called a young carer statement.

Contact your local carer centre or local social work service for more information:

Back to top