A three-month accelerator programme for tech start-ups from anywhere in the world, with successful applicants gaining up to $120,000 investment, office space and expert mentoring.
Successful applicants will gain:
- introductions and guidance from key decision makers at Barclays, who are looking for innovative solutions;
- mentoring from leading entrepreneurs and FinTech industry experts;
- up to $120,000 investment from Techstars as well as other corporate partner perks;
- access to technical expertise in a community working space with cutting-edge resources;
- the opportunity to pitch their business to the tech community; and
- lifetime membership of the Techstars alumni community.
Before You Start
The Barclays Accelerator Powered by Techstars, is a three month intensive startup accelerator. The programme is focused on financial technology innovation and disruptive solutions. Ten companies will be selected and mentors will be selected from the Techstars network and from Barclays.
The selected applicants will gain access to Barclays' network and knowledge base as well as getting advice and support from some of the most successful people in the start-up and FinTech world.
The programme funds up to £120,000 per team and takes 6-1-% equity. A co-working business space in Whitechapel, close to London’s Mile End, will also be provided.
There are no restrictions stipulated in the guidance document, however applicants are advised to contact the funding provider directly to discuss eligibility in the first instance.
What You Need To Know
The following are eligible to apply:
- A startup with capability in machine learning, lending, digital banking solutions, trading, cyber security, data analytics, payments, cryptocurrency, insurance and wealth management.
- A great team, with business and technical capabilities from anywhere in the world.
- A commitment to develop the startup and be based full-time at the accelerator sites for the 13 week programme.
Match funding is not a stipulated requirement of this scheme.
Costs associated with running a start-up.
How To Apply
The deadline for applications to this programme is 15 October 2016.
Applications must be made online by filling out an application form.