You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Appeal a refused school place

You have 2 options if your request for a school place is refused by your local council:

1. Talk to your local council

You should check that they're aware of all the reasons for your request.

2. Make an appeal

If speaking to your local council doe not help you can make a formal appeal. Councils have their own rules for appeals so you need to check with your council what you need to do.

Get help

Govan Law Centre - education law unit

Citizen's Advice Scotland.

If your appeal does not work

You can take your case to your local sheriff court. You should think about getting legal advice if you want to do this.

Back to top