A scheme to assist local businesses during the current unsettled economic conditions in Angus.
Assistance is provided in two ways as follows:
- Angus Business Start Up - Capital Grant - Up to £500 (excl VAT) is available towards the cost of any business expenditure of a capital nature eg business stationary, telecoms set-up, computer hardware or software, stock, machinery or the costs of fitting out new premises.
- Angus Business - First Employee Grant - A maximum of £500 is available towards the wage costs of a first PAYE employee in a business with an additional £250 available if that first employee is aged between 18 and 24 when recruited. (In order to be classed as a first time employee, the post should provide employment for a minimum of 16 hours per week, it should be permanent in nature and the rate of pay must respect the minimum wage rates (MWR) in force at the time of application. The new employer must have registered as such with HMRC.
Before You Start
Angus Council provides the Angus Business Grants.
The aim of the schemes is to assist local businesses during the current difficult economic conditions.
Prospective applicants should note the following restrictions:
- Activities will not be funded if they do not support an Angus business or an Angus-based employee.
- Funding is not intended to cover goods and services that have already been bought or ordered.
- Funding is not intended to cover any activities that have already taken place or that have already started before the receipt of the grant offer letter.
- Funding will not be offered if there is already another known source of funding available.
- Funding is not intended to cover any VAT element.
What You Need To Know
Assistance is available to both start-up and existing small and medium-sized enterprises in Angus.
Not a stipulated requirement.
There are four different types of grants available, each with a different eligible expenditure.
This grant is intended to go towards business expenditure of a capital nature. For example, digital technology, stock, machinery or the costs of fitting out new premises where they have been vacant for over 12 months or more.
This grant is intended to support the wage costs of a first PAYE employee in a business.
The purpose of this grant is to help groups of busnesses that are working together.
The purpose of this grant is to contribute towards the travel and accomodation costs which are associated with developing and researching a new environment.
How To Apply
Applications for assistance can be made at any time.
Frequency: Rolling programme.
Link to guidelines:
Applicants should contact the Business Gateway for further information on the application process.