A service aiming to assist UK companies win business from aid agency funded projects. The service provides advice and business opportunities, events, seminars and overseas group visits to help do this.
Benefits of using the service include:
- DIT can help make the right contacts in the aid agencies;
- easier access to opportunities in the Aid sector, which have a value of over $140 billion per year;
- orders are always backed by funds; and
- a secure way of doing business in emerging markets.
Costs vary according to the level of support given by the network, and the scope of events or missions. Applicants will be told about any charges before they use the service.
Applicants should contact the provider direct to discuss any exclusions that may apply.
UK companies of any size and turnover are eligible to apply for the service. Companies should have experience of international trade and a minimum of three years’ audited accounts.
There are opportunities for every size of company and sector, but the most needed products and consultancy are in:
- water and sanitation;
- environment and climate change;
- education and training;
- public administration and law; and
- industry and trade.
The service helps UK companies make contacts in the aid agencies, and helps them become familiar with the organisations’ working and procurement practices. The agencies are:
- The World and Regional Development Banks.
- European Union External Aid.
- Department for International Development (DFID).
- United Nations (UN) agencies.
Costs associated with eligible projects.
Applicants should contact the provider direct for further information on any deadlines that may apply.
For general enquiries on the Aid Funded Business service applicants should complete the Aid Funded Business Enquiry Form which is available to access from the website and return it electronically to the provider.