You can get someone to apply for Adult Disability Payment for you if you're unable to apply yourself. This might be:
- a family member
- a friend
- a carer, support worker or someone else who helps you
- an appointee who is acting on your behalf
Get help from Social Security Scotland
Social Security Scotland can also help you to apply for Adult Disability Payment. You can:
- get extra support from an independent advocate if you have a disability or a mental health condition
- use the free Local Delivery Service to get person-to-person support with your application
If you want to apply in a language that’s not English
Contact Social Security Scotland to apply over the phone. You can do this in over 100 languages with an interpreter they’ll provide.
You can ask for languages such as:
- many of the other languages used in Scotland
It's free for you to apply in a language that’s not English.
The online and paper application forms are only in English.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback