You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Get help to apply for Adult Disability Payment

You can get someone to apply for Adult Disability Payment for you if you're unable to apply yourself. This might be:

  • a family member
  • a friend
  • a carer, support worker or someone else who helps you
  • an appointee who is acting on your behalf

Get help from Social Security Scotland

Social Security Scotland can also help you to apply for Adult Disability Payment. You can: 

  • get extra support from an independent advocate if you have a disability or a mental health condition  
  • use the free Local Delivery Service to get person-to-person support with your application

Find out more about how Social Security Scotland can help

If you want to apply in a language that’s not English

Contact Social Security Scotland to apply over the phone. You can do this in over 100 languages with an interpreter they’ll provide.

You can ask for languages such as:

  • Polish
  • Arabic
  • Romanian
  • Urdu
  • Mandarin
  • many of the other languages used in Scotland

It's free for you to apply in a language that’s not English.

The online and paper application forms are only in English.

Back to top