A scheme to enable employers to set aside time and resources to induct and train their first employee in Aberdeenshire.
Grant assistance of up to £1,000 is available.
Business Gateway and Aberdeenshire Council providet he Aberdeen City and Shire First Employee Grant.
The aim of the scheme is to enable employers to set aside time and resources to induct and train their first employee.
Businesses must meet the following criteria before an application for assistance will be considered:
- This must be the first employee of the business.
- The employee must work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
- The employee must not be a partner or investor of the business.
- Systems must be in place to deduct National Insurance and PAYE.
- The business must be able to afford to take on an employee.
- The awarding of a grant must not be detrimental to other local businesses.
Retrospective applications will not be supported.
Assistance is available to businesses in Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire.
£500 is paid to the business following submission of satisfactory evidence that the employee is in place, a further £500 is paid following verification of continued employment six months later.
The scheme is no longer available.
Businesses applying for assistance will be asked to complete an application form and provide evidence to satisfy compliance with the above criteria.
For a copy of the application form and any enquiries on the scheme applicants are advised to contact the funding provider at the address supplied.
For further information contact Aberdeenshire Council.